- Thanks to Rude Yoshi we now have custom map downloading! Thank you to all the testers in the dev_preview that helped.
- Now this still is a preview update, so there may be issues. Please be patient until we work out all the kinks.
- Some key things to note in this new update: – In order to host a game for map downloading you need to enable the feature using the launcher and forward from your base port + 9 TCP/UDP. By default it’ll be 1000 – 1009 TCP/UDP.
- Launcher has new settings in the Launcher tab:
- You can now change your game ports directly in the launcher –
- The FPS Limiter has received a major needed update! – Now it can be enabled, disabled, and customized to your heart’s content. – Just be warned if disabled a 3rd party fps limiter is a must!
- Voice is currently disabled right now, but will be enabled in the future
- Map Downloading is our new feature, please test it out. Xlive.dll – This update is just a preview for the upcoming update. – Right now feel free to test custom map download for us and report any bugs you may find. On the forum or Discord server. See links above
- NOTE do not use debug mode setting when using map downloading or you will experience MASSIVE FPS drops. Anyways I hope you all are as hyped as we are! If you experience any update issues use this direct link for the launcher
Hey guys, we are able to get auto team switch and weapon assignments working in Halo 2.
Humans are on red team and the player bipeds are Spartans (this is automatically determined). Zombies are green team and their player models are Elites. In the future, they’ll be Flood combat forms 🙂
When a human becomes infected, they are autoswitched to green team and are forced to use the energy sword.
In the future we’ll have automatic Alpha Zombie determination and more weapon choices.
A few steps closer to complete Infection 🙂
Here’s a video with 16 people on Foundation (at 4:00):
Public beta for the Halo 2 launcher has been released here. Install instructions for the launcher are on the linked Github page. It’s recommended to have a clean install of Halo 2 with the latest update, found in the downloads page of this site (top right corner).
If you already have Halo 2 installed and have connected to GFWL in the last 3 months, then your Halo 2 is most likely fully updated.
When you start Halo 2 using the launcher, you should see white text in the top right corner of the game window, like so:
The build time may change if xlive.dll is updated, so don’t worry about that.
Verify that Halo 2 has the latest update by going to the main menu, then Settings, About. Version should be 126.96.36.199
Use the Network option to find and create games. If you want to host your own games, you have to port forward UDP ports 1000 to 1006 to your computer and edit a line in xlive.ini (change server=1 to server=0)
If you want to host a dedicated server, that’s a bit more complicated and I’ll make a separate post for that.
Make sure you run Halo 2 using the launcher. It ensures that your network code is updated and able to connect with other people.
Also, hacking will not be tolerated in most servers unless allowed in the server rules. By hacking, I mean any changes to the game code that makes the game unfair to others. FOV hacks and name hacks are tolerated, but no speedhacks or aimbots please. If you are banned, you won’t be able to see any games or host your own, so be careful…
Be sure to thank PermaNull for his work on reverse engineering xlive and making all this possible, and FishPhd for creating the launcher.
More features will be added soon™